Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Doctor Visit and Crazy Mom

Miles had his one month doctor visit yesterday.  He is growing so fast!  He weighs 10 lbs,  is in the 80th percentile in weight and 90th percentile in height.  He changed his formula from Similac Advance to Similac Sensitive due to some gas/tummy problems. Hopefully this will fix it.  He does well with the liquid ready to feed formula, not the powder.  Any of you moms had trouble with powder formula as well?  He will poo a little in his diaper and just squirm and grimace until I take his diaper off and help him do the bicycle with his legs then he poos like a champ. I was worried I started a bad habit but the doctor assured me not.  I really don't want him to be 30 asking for help to poo. Shew.

He had his second hep shot.  You should have seen the look of surprise on his face when the nurse stuck him with the needle, and then the loudest, most blood curdling scream came out of his mouth. I've always heard stories of how hard it is on the parent, but didn't really get it.  After he screamed for a minute, the look of disappointment on his face was enough to kill me.  I think I cried more than him.

Today is Joey's first day back at work so we shall see how this goes with me doing it by myself.  A little intimidated to say the least.   In honor of daddy going back to work:


I'm pretty nervous about taking him out by myself for some reason.  Surely I'm not the only mom that has had this hesitancy? It's like I'm afraid I won't be able to soothe him in public and I'll be looked at like a bad mom.  I can soothe him at home, so why do I feel like I couldn't do it in public?    Or I'll lock the keys in the car with him in it.  Or if I go out for a walk on a trail that someone will take him.  Am I turning into crazy mom?   Sounds like it.   I will work on being positive about it and I'm sure with a little time with him by myself this fear will die down some. 

He is cooing and "talking" up a storm. My favorite part of the day is right before tummy time I lay him down on the mat and we just talk and talk.  His smile can turn the entire day around for me.  

We put him in his crib in his room 2 nights ago, and so far, so good.  I miss him though.  That sounds pretty pitiful. 

I have been addressing the blog to Miles, but not today.  I guess I'll go back and forth?  
I apologize in advance for my poor writing skills and bad grammar, but I wouldn't be Julie without it!
I hear someone crying upstairs, off I go....

Here is his best friend, Mr. Seahorse.  He loves him. Don't mind the skanky towel for his changing pad. Momma don't want to waste the good ones for downstairs.

Nevermind, oh snap Mr. Seahorse, watch out!


  

1 comment:

  1. I cried more than Nola on her first shots too. Aaron was calming me down instead of her. As a nurse, I never got it when parents were upset when their child got a shot or IV, but I get it now. It is awful! We still haven't moved Nola to her crib. One day we will. :)

    ReplyDelete